YouTube offer a unique opportunity to engage your audience where they are watching and listening. With 71% of Gen X turning to YouTube to learn how to do new things and more than 55% of people searching for products on Google and then learning more about the products by going to YouTube before they buy it(i), you could be missing out on a high impact channel to engage your audience and increase sales if you do not consider YouTube as part of the overall Digital Marketing Strategy ( keep in mind that some products are more suited for YouTube advertising than others).
Other interesting trends to note about the relevance of YouTube include:
• Over 40% of global shoppers say that they have purchased products that they discovered on YouTube(ii).• According to Google, Ads on YouTube have the highest viewability and audibility on the web at 95% compared to industry standard of 66%.• 55% of TV ads today go unseen due to multitasking according to Ipsos eye tracking research.
With these facts in mind, let’s dive in deeper and look at some of the tools available on YouTube to deliver your ad campaign and drive business growth.
With close integration with Google Search, you can use YouTube ad targeting tools to place ads before audiences who already expressed interest in the type of product you offer based on their recent searches thus improving chances of conversion. YouTube offers a range of audience tools that can help you create awareness, consumer consideration and drive action for purchase of your products. Different ad formats are available to help you target and engage the right audience within set budgets for your ad campaigns. These include Bumper Ads, Trueview Ads, Massheads Ads and Non-skippable in-stream Ads. Here’s a summary of the features of these ad formats and their benefits:
- Bumper Ads: these are 6 seconds non-skippable ads suitable for driving reach, frequency and brand awareness. Ideally one central idea per 6 secs ad should be focused on to deliver the highest impact.
- Trueview Ads: these are skippable in-stream ad formats which allow users to choose to engage with the ad. They come in several variants like Trueview for Reach, Trueview in-stream, Trueview Discovery and Trueview for Action. You are typically charged when a viewer clicks the video, watches up to 30 seconds of the ad or to completion if video is less than 30 seconds. Key benefits of these formats include extending reach, creating impact by telling your brand’s story and delivering results via a call to action.
- Masthead Ads: these ads run on YouTube homepage and home feed. This format is very effective for advertisers who want to drive awareness, focus on high impact, and reach a massive audience within a short period.
- Non-skippable in-stream ads: these are non-skippable in-stream ads suitable for driving awareness and reach across your target audience usually available as 15 secs ads or less. They are available on YouTube and Google Video partners.
At Fitch Technologies, we have a team of creatives who work closely with clients to ideate, generate engaging videos ads and manage the ads campaigns on YouTube and across Google Video Partner channels. If you would like to learn more about how we can help you get more customers and achieve your business goal with Digital Marketing Solutions do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +971 4 24 11 63.
____________________________ i Source: Google/Magid Advisors, “The Role of Digital Video in People’s Lives,” Global (US, CA, BR, UK, DE, FR, JP, IN, KR, AU), August 2018, n=20,000, A18-64 general online population.
ii Source: Google/Ipsos, “How People Shop with YouTube” Study, Global, July 2018. 18-64 year olds who go online at least once per month and have purchased something in the last year (n=24,017)