Mobile app development is on the rise. This trend has been going on for a while now and shows no signs of slowing down. As technology advances, more apps are being created with new features and capabilities – making it easier than ever before to build an app.
The app market has become highly competitive. Old trends continue to be popular and often remain for a long time.
Let’s look at the most important trends in mobile applications today:
- Multi-Purpose Apps: Apps that do many things at once have been around for years, but now they are becoming even more popular than before. This is because people want apps that can do everything, rather than having separate apps for each task (or using Web sites). For example, an app like Justlife, a Dubai app popular locally, allows you to book cleaners, pest control, salon treatment, PCR tests, etc. – all in one place!
- Native vs Cross Platform Development Tools – Native Applications vs Hybrid Apps: In recent times we’ve seen more and more companies develop hybrid apps; this means that they use web technologies (HTML5) but package them as native apps with wrappers around them so they feel like real native applications on Android or iOS devices respectively.
- Virtual reality (VR): VR is often used for gaming, but soon it’ll be used for more than just entertainment–it can also be applied to work-related tasks like training employees or giving customers an immersive experience when shopping at your store or restaurant.
- Augmented Reality(AR): another trend we’ve noticed with mobile app development is that companies are using augmented reality (AR) technology more frequently than ever before. AR allows users to interact with their phones in ways that weren’t possible before, like seeing 3D models or objects right on their screen! This technology can be used in many different ways, including games like Pokémon Go and Pokemon.
- Payment Solutions: New options for payments through mobile devices are growing in demand and creating a new direction for app development. 65% of millennials use their mobile phones to pay at least once a week. Mobile payments are becoming increasingly popular. In fact, the use of mobile payment platforms is growing in all areas, from age groups to regions and income levels.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are a great way for companies to interact with their customers in real time without having to hire additional staff members or pay for expensive call center services. Chatbots are also extremely useful for customer support because they can handle questions 24/7 without ever needing breaks or vacations.
- Loyalty Program Apps: a loyalty program is a great way to reward your customers and encourage them to spend more. It is also a great way to increase the average amount spent by a customer. Brands are creating loyalty program apps for their offering to tap into these benefits.
The most important thing to remember when building a loyalty program is that you need to make it as easy as possible for your customers to redeem their rewards. You should make sure that there are no hidden costs or restrictions on their eligibility for rewards, so that they don’t feel like they have wasted their time collecting them in the first place.
Another important aspect of building a good loyalty program is making sure that it doesn’t take too long for customers to receive their rewards after making purchases (i.e., within 24 hours). This will help keep people interested in signing up for the program in the future because they know they’ll get something out of it soon rather than having something held up indefinitely.
According to data.ai report, the average amount of time spent by an individual on mobile apps topped 5 hours in the top 4 markets.
Android phones have more than 50% of their memory with app data, while Apple has over 75% of the memory space taken up by app data – displaying how much users are keeping and using their apps daily. These are clear indications that the adoption and use of mobile apps is growing.
Mobile apps are making it easier for people to order take-out meals on their way home or to the office. 70% of millennials use food delivery apps at least once a week instead of taking the time to cook at home or go out to eat.
Millennials tend to be highly mobile and busy, so they’re usually looking for quick ways to get things done. They also tend not to have the same brand loyalty as older generations do, so they’re more willing than other groups to switch from one app provider if another company offers something better or more convenient.
What does this all mean for your new app idea? How can you successfully build and scale your app?
The world of apps is constantly evolving, and it’s important to know about the latest trends in order to stay ahead of the competition. If you’re looking for some inspiration to help your app stand out and gain traction, consider integrating some of these trends we have highlighted to create a unique experience for your target audience.
We hope this blog post has given you an idea of what’s ahead in the mobile app development industry. The future looks bright and we’re excited to be a part of it! If you have any questions about building an app or need help creating one, feel free to contact us!