Are you looking to turn that idea of yours into a mobile app? Building on a mobile app development framework might be your best decision yet in making your app a success. Mobile app development has come a long way in the last decade with the wide adoption of mobile app development frameworks.
What are mobile app development frameworks? They are software applications that allow you to develop mobile applications. It provides a user interface so that you can select tools and components for your project.
They allow you to create a mobile application with very little requirement for any coding skills. The functionality of an app-building tool varies widely depending on the type of software you choose.
Using mobile app development frameworks offers some benefits over native development.
● Cross-platform compatibility
Using mobile app development frameworks offers the following benefits.
- Increased Development Speed: By using a framework, the overall development speed is increased because the framework provides a lot of helper classes and methods for performing routine tasks easily.
- Code Reuse: Since most of these frameworks are already written by some programmers, you don’t have to write everything from scratch – you can simply reuse it in your own application. This also reduces code duplication and makes maintenance easier later as well.
- Standards Compliance: Mobile app development frameworks strictly follow standards set by Apple or Google which ultimately helps in ensuring that your app conforms with their guidelines and thus will be approved by them quickly without any hassle or delay.
● Low development cost
The cost of hiring a developer can be high, especially if you’re looking for a senior programmer. If your company is willing to pay for the services of an expert who can build your app from scratch, this would likely cost more than buying a licence for one of these frameworks. In addition, hiring someone to maintain the framework could prove costly as well since it requires an expert’s knowledge of how they work and updates that have been made recently.
● Faster app development
One of the main benefits of using a mobile app development framework is that it makes it easier to build your app. By using a mobile app development framework, you don’t have to write code for every feature. Instead, you can focus on the features that are most important to your users and focus on building a great user experience.
Another advantage of using frameworks is that they allow developers to create efficient code which means fewer bugs in their apps. This helps them save time testing their apps before launching them in the market.
This frees up time for you as the owner of the project to focus on marketing and finding product market fit rather than chasing after development issues that might occur with coding an app from scratch.
● Access to required tools and API’s
If you’re not using a mobile application development framework, it can be extremely difficult to access the tools and APIs needed for your app. Frameworks are built with this in mind, and they provide you access to pre-built components that can be used in your app. These components include things like user authentication, push notifications, data storage, analytics and more—all of which are important pieces of any successful app.
The most popular frameworks offer hundreds or even thousands of available APIs that aren’t available natively on iOS or Android devices. These include things like geolocation services; camera access; contact list information; system notifications; account management tools; asset libraries for images/videos/etc.; hardware sensors such as accelerometers.
● Easy to integrate new features and updates
If you’re using a framework, then it only takes a few minutes to integrate new features and updates. In fact, if there are any third-party plugins that give you the functionality that you want to use in your app, then integrating them into the framework will be even easier. This makes it seamless to build a super app with multiple features integrated into one app interface.
Using mobile development frameworks can save you time, and money and make the app development process easier
Which frameworks are best suited for Android or iOS apps you might ask? Here is our take;
The best mobile app development frameworks for Android and iOS apps are React Native by Facebook, Flutter, an open-source mobile app development framework by Google, Ionic 2 by Ionic, NativeScript by Telerik and Apple’s own Swift language. These five are some of the best when it comes to user interface and experience.
However, there are other frameworks that are used for both Android and iOS such as Xamarin or Cordova. We recommend using cross-platform frameworks these days as they allow you to build once and deploy on both Apple and iOS platforms without having to write code separately for each platform.
Now that we have explored the benefits of using building an app on a mobile app development framework and profiled some of the best frameworks for building Android and iOS apps, we will share factors you should consider in selecting the right mobile app development platform to use over native development, Things to consider when choosing the right mobile app development platform:
- Will native applications work better than hybrid ones? A native application is one that is built specifically for a particular platform. The advantage of this approach is that it allows for more sophisticated features, but at the expense of having to develop your app separately for each platform you want to support.
- Should you build your own platform, or should you build on a framework? If your business needs an app with only basic functionality and there are no plans to expand it in the future, then using a pre-existing platform might be enough. However, if there’s any chance that your business could evolve and require new capabilities in the future for example, if you’re building an e-commerce site, then building your own custom solution might make more sense.
- What features do you require? Depending on what kind of applications you’re developing and how much time/money/effort are available to invest in them will determine what kind of features should be included within each app as well as whether those same features need repeating across multiple platforms.
- Are there any available training courses and documentation? Each mobile app framework has its own community of users and developers. This is an important consideration when selecting the right framework for your project. It’s important to understand if the community has a large enough online presence to provide training resources and documentation support.
While making the decision to build an app for your business, making a call on building a native app or building on a development framework has a huge impact on the success of the project in terms of cost, time to build, and seamless launch. The points we have discussed thus far show that you are better off building on a mobile app development platform.
Work with your selected digital agency to select a framework that is easy to use and supports cross-platform deployment for your project.